Classic 3-tab shingles have been a traditional material used to roof homes and other properties for quite some time. A low-pitch roof is a common style seen on homes across the country, and 3-tab shingles are best for this type of roof structure. 3-tab shingles were at one point the most popular choice largely in part for their classic appearance, durability and affordability.
Over the years, 3-tab shingles have been replaced with newer, more striking alternatives like dimensional and designer shingles. While 3-tab shingles may not add the resale value like higher-end shingles, they’re an efficient alternative if that isn’t an important requirement for the property. For property owners seeking a traditional look at an economical cost, 3-tab shingles are a great choice. This shingle style is known to cost up to 50% less than dimensional shingles.
Here are some facts and benefits of 3-tab shingles:
- Lightweight design that is easily installed on any home and is especially well-suited for properties that don’t have the structural capabilities to hold thicker, heavier shingles.
- This style shingle has three regularly spaced asphalt tabs, giving way to a repetitive, running row pattern and flat appearance.
- Classic 3-tab shingles are available in more colors than any other style shingle, and can be specifically chosen to compliment the design and color of the home. With 3-tab shingles, you don’t have to compromise between style and price.
- When installed properly, 3-tab shingles perform extremely well with very little maintenance.
- The most common 3-tab shingles are available in 20, 25 and 30 year varieties, and many come with a manufacturer’s warranty of 20 to 30 years.
PRS Roofing & Siding understands that your roof is a critical component to your home, as well as a major factor in your family’s safety and comfort. This is why a roof shouldn’t be regarded as a single element, rather an intricate system with many components. We are a locally recognized roofing contractor serving Richmond and Central Virginia. We use only the highest quality products like GAF and Certainteed, and install your roofing system to manufacturer's specifications to ensure full manufacturer warranty coverage. If you are looking for an experienced and reliable roofing contractor for a roofing repair or installation, contact PRS Roofing & Siding today.